Welcome! We are so excited to announce that August 6, 2021 we will be able to host a limited number of live participants at the Student Activity Center on UofL’s Belknap Campus, in addition to the virtual participants, at our 3rd Annual APP Conference! At this time we plan to host 200 people live as to keep with current organizational guidelines. The live link will only allow 200 people to register, so please ONLY register for the live ticket if you are planning to come in person. Otherwise register with the VIRTUAL registration. A light breakfast and boxed lunch will be provided for in-person participants. We are very excited about our line-up of speakers this year!
For live participants the process to obtain CEU credit:
- Sign-in to each session that you attend
- Fill out and return each evaluation prior to leaving
For the online participants we will handle verification of attendance the same way that we did last year:
- The presenter will randomly announce the code word for their session during the presentation.
- You (the participant) will keep record of all code words for each session that you attend.
- Participant will then submit the code words either by writing them on the evaluation sheets or in the body of email when submitting evaluations for credit. Evaluations will be available on the registration site for download and print.
- Email your completed evaluations and code words to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your email has been received and all items are verified you will receive email with certificates attached.
- 7-7:30 a.m. Welcome, Sign in and Breakfast
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. Abdominal Exam for the Non-Inpatient Provider – Kimberly Broughton-Miller, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, ENP-C, FAANP
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. A Pain in the Neck: Management of Myelopathy and Radiculopathy – Katie Archer, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, CNRN
- 9:30-9:45 a.m. BREAK
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. LGB/TGNB Competency in Healthcare – Finn Brigham, MS
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. Hot Flash Highway: Pathways to Treatment – Karen Turner, DNP, APN, CNM, CHSE
- 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. LUNCH BREAK
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Glitch in the System: Acute Leukemia – Alexandria Salois, MSN, APRN, AOCNP, BMTCN
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. Hematuria Work-up, Evaluation, and Beyond – Leah Ashby, MSN, APRN, FNP-C and Carolyn Williams, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. Right Heart Failure and Fundamentals of VV/VA ECMO – Courtney Schilmiller, APRN, MSN, ACNP-BC
- 3:30-4 p.m. Break/DNP Poster Presentation viewing for live participants
- 4-5 p.m. Optimizing Antimicrobial Stewardship Opportunities – Julie Harting, PharmD, BCIDP
No one involved in the planning, preparation or presentation of this program reported or was found to have any conflict of interest.
CE’s are provided by UofL Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
As a reminder this conference will offer a total of 8.0 CEUs and 1.3 of those will be pharmacology hours, if you attend all sessions.
Individual CE’s will be offered for each session.
To register please click on the link below. The cost is $40 per registration. Please note you have the option to pay for parking online at time of registration which will cost $5, if you DO NOT pre-pay for parking it will cost $10 day of the conference. If you want the reduced price for parking you must pre-pay. Also please bring receipt with you to obtain the parking voucher at time of sign-in day of conference.