Welcome! We are so excited to announce that on August 6, 2021, we will be able to host a limited number of live participants at the Student Activity Center on UofL’s Belknap Campus, in addition to the virtual participants, at our 3rd Annual APP Conference! At this time we plan to host 200 people live to keep with current organizational guidelines. The live link will only allow 200 people to register, so please ONLY register for the live ticket if you are planning to come in person. Otherwise register with the VIRTUAL registration. A light breakfast and boxed lunch will be provided for in-person participants. We are very excited about our line-up of speakers this year!
For live participants the process to obtain CEU credit:
- Sign-in to each session that you attend
- Fill out and return each evaluation prior to leaving
For the online participants we will handle the verification of attendance the same way that we did last year:
- The presenter will randomly announce the code word for their session during the presentation.
- You (the participant) will keep a record of all code words for each session that you attend.
- Participants will then submit the code words either by writing them on the evaluation sheets or in the body of the email when submitting evaluations for credit. Evaluations will be available on the registration site for download and print.
- Email your completed evaluations and code words to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your email has been received and all items are verified you will receive an email with certificates attached.
- 7-7:30 a.m. Welcome, Sign in, and Breakfast
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. Abdominal Exam for the Non-Inpatient Provider – Kimberly Broughton-Miller, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, ENP-C, FAANP | Slides | Evaluation
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. A Pain in the Neck: Management of Myelopathy and Radiculopathy – Katie Archer, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, CNRN | Slides | Evaluation
- 9:30-9:45 a.m. BREAK
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. LGB/TGNB Competency in Healthcare – Finn Brigham, MS | Slides | Evaluation
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. Hot Flash Highway: Pathways to Treatment – Karen Turner, DNP, APN, CNM, CHSE | Slides | Evaluation
- 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. LUNCH BREAK
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Glitch in the System: Acute Leukemia – Alexandria Salois, MSN, APRN, AOCNP, BMTCN | Slides | Evaluation
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. Hematuria Workup, Evaluation, and Beyond – Leah Ashby, MSN, APRN, FNP-C | Slides | Evaluation
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. Right Heart Failure and Fundamentals of VV/VA ECMO – Courtney Schilmiller, APRN, MSN, ACNP-BC | Slides | Evaluation
- 3:30-4 p.m. Break/DNP Poster Presentation viewing for live participants
- 4-5 p.m. Optimizing Antimicrobial Stewardship Opportunities – Julie Harting, PharmD, BCIDP | Slides | Evaluation
No one involved in the planning, preparation, or presentation of this program reported or was found to have any conflict of interest.
CE’s provided by UofL Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
As a reminder, this conference will offer a total of 8.0 CEUs and 1.3 of those will be pharmacology hours if you attend all sessions.
Individual CE’s will be offered for each session.
To register please click on the link below. The cost is $40 per registration. Please note you have the option to pay for parking online at the time of registration which will cost $5, if you DO NOT pre-pay for parking it will cost $10 the day of the conference. If you want the reduced price for parking you must pre-pay. Also please bring the receipt with you to obtain the parking voucher at the time of the sign-in day of the conference.
- What Every Primary Care Provider Should Know About Lung Cancer
- “Ask Me About Lung Cancer” Stethoscope tags
- Lung cancer screening guidelines – exam room posters (available in English, Spanish, and Chinese)
- Codes for Lung Cancer Screening handout
- KY LEADS Collaborative Results Summary
- LuCa Insurance Resources Panel Card
- LuCa Online Course Panel Card
- Benefits of Quitting tobacco – exam room posters
- First-line FDA-Approved Tobacco Cessation Medications handout
- Drug Interactions with Tobacco Smoke for Oncology Specialists
- Lung Cancer Screening: Understanding Medicaid, Medicare, and Private Insurance Coverage
- Tobacco Cessation Counseling: Understanding Medicaid, Medicare, and Private Insurance Coverage
- Tobacco Cessation Medications: Understanding Medicaid, Medicare, and Private Insurance Coverage
- New 2021 USPSTF Lung Cancer Screening Recommendation – What, Why, and Next Steps
- 10 Free Offerings and Tools for Providing Lung Cancer Screening, Referrals, Survivorship Care, or Tobacco Use Treatment
- If Kentucky Can Do It, Anyone Can! A National Lung Cancer Screening Model for Hospitals and Health Systems.
- The Power of Telehealth in Primary Care: Pragmatic Adoption and Integration Across the Care Continuum
- Provider Work Up of Positive Findings in CT Lung Screening
- Tobacco Cessation Counseling and Medications: Understanding Medicaid, Medicare, and Private Insurance Coverage
- Lung Cancer Screening: An Overview of Medicaid, Medicare, and Private Insurance Coverage