Nominate an Extraordinary Nurse
The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards excellence in nursing. It was created by the DAISY Foundation to recognize the clinical skills, extraordinary compassion and care exhibited by nurses every day. The award is given quarterly to outstanding registered nurses in hospitals throughout the world.
DAISY Award recipients personify the remarkable patient experience at UofL Health.
Eligible nurses are recognized by our patients, their families, and our staff as outstanding role models who consistently meet all of the following criteria:
- Make a special connection with the patient or their family
- Excel at educating their patients and families
- Work well with the multidisciplinary health care team
- Have a positive attitude and demonstrate professionalism in the workplace
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision and values of UofL Health
- Model great assessment and decision-making capabilities
- Demonstrate great interpersonal skills with peers and co-workers
Patients, visitors, employees or physicians may nominate a deserving registered nurse by filling out the nomination form below.