Emergency Rooms > UofL Health – Shelbyville Hospital
The Emergency Department at UofL Health – Shelbyville Hospital provides high-quality emergency care, with some of the lowest wait times in the area.
Our dedicated team of board-certified emergency medicine doctors, advanced practice clinicians, certified nurses and support staff are ready day and night to treat any sudden illnesses or injuries. We offer advanced diagnostic imaging on site, plus the latest stroke and heart care equipment for rapid intervention. With assistance from a specialized robot, our doctors can connect in minutes with stroke experts at UofL Hospital for quick diagnosis and advanced care.
If needed, we offer access to a full range of specialty care including cardiology, pulmonology, surgery, radiology and more. So no matter your emergency or urgent needs, you can rest easy knowing skilled care is nearby.
Around-the-Clock Emergency Services
- A vital resource for the Shelby, Henry and Spencer counties
- 24/7 coverage by board-certified emergency medicine providers
- Registered nurses with specialized training and certifications, including CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and CPR
- All-private treatment rooms to maximize your comfort
- On-call specialists and surgeons to meet your needs
- Onsite lab and imaging services, including state-of-the-art MRI, CT, PET/CT, nuclear cardiology, ultrasound and more for fast diagnosis
- 24/7 mental health crisis counseling from Peace Hospital
- Stabilization of critical care injuries and transfer to nearby trauma centers
- Bedside electrocardiogram (EKG) for up-to-the-minute heart monitoring
727 Hospital Drive
Shelbyville, KY 40065
- Serving as a vital community resource to residents of Shelby, Henry and Spencer counties more than 110 years.