How Future Healers came to be
In light of the escalating gun violence happening in Louisville, the UofL School of Medicine SNMA chapter led by Karen Udoh teamed up with UofL Health – Trauma Institute, Surgery Department and Christopher 2X Game Changers to create Future Healers. This program was designed to do its part in addressing the public health crisis affecting our youth.
The goal of this program
This outreach program is focused on building stronger bridges between the Louisville health care community and our city’s youth most impacted by gun violence. Our goal is to introduce more youth to the field of medicine while helping them navigate through the emotional trauma that stems from the increasing violence currently plaguing their communities. Through compassion, mentorship, and advocacy, this program will do its part to uplift and empower our city’s young individuals to aspire for better futures for themselves and for the communities in which they reside.
Opportunities for participants
- Free Monthly lessons on topics covering nutrition, mental health, anatomy, first aid, and more!
- Mentorship with medical students, physicians, and other members of the healthcare community.
- Free materials for all the lessons with an accompanying Future Healers t-Shirt and bag!
- Optional participation in sponsored local field trips, community events, medical school tours, and hospital tours
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @futurehealersky
- Facebook: @futurehealersky
- Twitter: @futurehealersky
- YouTube: @futurehealersky6497