UofL Health Philanthropy
Together we can transform the health of the communities we serve through compassionate, innovative, patient-centered care.
UofL Health is a fully integrated regional academic health system with six hospitals, four medical centers, nearly 200 physician practice locations, more than 700 providers, the Frazier Rehab Institute and Brown Cancer Center. With more than 12,000 health care team members, we offer research-driven, innovative, specialized care in cancer, cardiology, neurology, rehabilitation, and so much more. In addition, UofL Health is home to the region’s only level 1 trauma center and to Peace Hospital, one of the nation’s largest mental health facilities. Every year, we serve tens of thousands of patients from across the commonwealth and nation.
You can help advance our vision by supporting our efforts. Help us:
- Increase our capacity to meet the unique and growing health care needs of our community.
- Advance academic medicine and cutting-edge care in Kentucky’s largest city and the surrounding region.
- Bring opportunities for compassionate care to the community’s most vulnerable and meet the needs of the medically underserved.
THIS is the “Power of U”
Our transformative care and community programs are not possible without the support of our community partners and friends. You can make a tangible impact by supporting UofL Health with a gift today.
Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
Other Ways to Give:
- Please make checks payable to “UofL Health” and indicate your area of interest in the memo line.
- Mail to: Office of Philanthropy, Rudd Center, 15th Floor, 201 Abraham Flexner Way, Louisville, KY 40202.
A gift in memory or in honor of someone
- A gift in memory or honor of someone is easily done online. Just go to http://give.louisville.edu/UofLHealth. The giving form will provide you the opportunity to specify a person for your honorary or memorial gift. There, you can also request that we send an acknowledgment letter to the person (if being honored) or next of kin (if being memorialized).
Transformative gifts and endowments
- Experience how meaningful philanthropic giving can be. Create a lasting legacy by creating an endowment or making a transformative gift. Various naming opportunities exist throughout our system. Contact our Vice President of Philanthropy Elea Fox at email@example.com or 502-587-4710 for more information.
Planned gifts, including wills, trusts and bequests
- Planned gifts can take many different forms, including real estate, personal property, stocks, life insurance or even cash. However, the majority of donors gravitate towards 3 primary planned giving options: bequests, annuities and trusts. One of the most popular, bequests, is the act of giving assets through the provisions of a will or estate plan.
- UofL Health partners with the University of Louisville's Office of Planned Giving for its expertise. You can find out more about our planned giving options by going to their website or emailing Kathy Sides, subject: UofL Health Planned Gift query].
- If you have already elected to include UofL Health in your will, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org [subject line: Bequest.]
Gifts-in-kind, including equipment, art and other tangible donations
- Before accepting gifts-in-kind, we need to work with the UofL Health facility and with the UofL Health Director of Infection Prevention & Control to make sure the intended recipient is able to store or utilize the gift. If you wish to make an in-kind donation, you should first contact the Office of Philanthropy at email@example.com (Subject line: Gift-in-kind Query).
Don’t currently have the capacity to give monetarily, but want to give back? Consider:
- If you are looking for a unique opportunity to serve others, make new friends and learn new skills, consider volunteering for UofL Health. Find out more here.
Hosting a fundraiser
- Many generous people in the community are interested in hosting fundraisers to benefit our hospitals and programs. While we welcome your interest and commitment to our system and its programs, we request that you submit an application to our Office of Philanthropy before proceeding.
- If at all possible, please submit at least two months in advance of your tentative event date. If your event is scheduled to take place in the next two months, we still ask you to complete the form.
- UofL Health reserves the right to request additional information before approving any event or activity.
- Submit an event application.
- If you would like to talk with someone before submitting the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org [subject: Hosting a community fundraiser], and a member of our staff will get back to you.