UofL Health and its medical group, UofL Physicians, are part of a fully integrated regional academic health system. The organization has gained attention for its affiliation with renowned University of Louisville School of Medicine and has achieved several clinical “firsts” — breakthroughs that have helped improve the quality of health and life of the many patients we serve. These include:
- The nation’s first hand transplant
- Kentucky’s first adult heart transplant
- Kentucky’s first pancreas transplant
- Kentucky’s first adult liver transplant
- Kentucky’s first double-lung transplant
- Kentucky’s first dual heart/lung transplant
- Creation of the first pediatric bone marrow transplant program in Kentucky
- UofL Physicians has the most providers recognized by Louisville Magazine’s “Top Docs”
When you join UofL Health, you become part of the largest, multispecialty physician practice in the Louisville area. Patient-centered care cannot be accomplished without top notch team members at every level of the organization. As part of an academic medical center, we offer our patients state-of-the-art facilities, groundbreaking research and pioneering treatments, as well as access to more than 700 specialty and primary care providers.
The UofL Health system consists of five hospitals, four medical centers, nearly 250 physician practice locations, the Frazier Rehabilitation Institute and James Graham Brown Cancer Center. With more than 12,000 team members – physicians, surgeons, nurses, pharmacists and other highly skilled health care professionals, UofL Health focuses on one mission – one purpose – delivering respectful, patient-centered care to each and every patient – each and every day. We do this while striving for excellence in the areas accountability, integrity, compassion, quality and teamwork.