Hand trauma teams headed by the Kleinert Kutz Hand Care Centers’ board-certified staff physicians are on call and ready to handle upper extremity trauma from the hand to the arm to the shoulder. The team's approach allows the care of multiple patients with severe trauma as well as minor injuries. Each team includes fellows in hand surgery who are fully trained plastic, orthopedic or general surgeons.
The hand is so complex that seeing a physician who specializes in comprehensive care of the upper extremity may yield the best solution – even for conditions or injuries that seem insignificant.
Combining expertise in orthopedic, plastic and general surgery, the surgeons at the UofL Health – Jewish Hospital Hand Care Center perform a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures for both common and rare conditions, including:
- Emergency treatment of minor and major hand and upper-extremity injuries available
- Fractures of the hand, arm and shoulder
- Birth defects of the hand
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive motion problems
- Joint replacements
- Cysts, tumors and skin lesions
- Scar removal or revision
- Diseases that affect the upper extremities such as arthritis
- Job-related injuries, including case management and occupational health services
- Sports injuries
- Hand and arm burns or disabling injuries
- Hand therapy
To learn more about the Hand Care Center and for additional information on emergency hand care, please call 502-561-4263.