If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately or go to your nearest emergency room.
UofL Health – Shelbyville Hospital provides the highest-quality emergency care you expect, with some of the lowest wait times in the area.
Our ER features a dedicated team of emergency medicine providers, nurses and support staff, ready to treat any sudden illnesses or injuries. We offer advanced diagnostic imaging on site, plus the latest stroke and heart care equipment for rapid intervention.
If needed, patients have access to a full range of specialty care at the Shelbyville Hospital, including our new intensive care unit that offers high-level pulmonary and cardiology care. General and orthopedic surgeons are also on standby to address urgent needs.
- 24/7 coverage by board-certified or board-eligible emergency medicine providers
- Registered nurses with specialized training and certifications, including CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and CPR
- On-call specialists and surgeons
- Onsite lab and imaging services, including state-of-the-art MRI, CT, PET/CT, nuclear cardiology, ultrasound and more for fast diagnosis
- Stabilization of critical care injuries and transfer to nearby trauma centers
- All-private treatment rooms
- Bedside electrocardiogram (EKG) for up-to-the-minute heart monitoring
- Inpatient medical/surgical and intensive care
- Mental health crisis counseling from Peace Hospital
For more information about emergency care at UofL Health – Shelbyville Hospital, call 502-647-4000.