Convenient. Safe. Peace of Mind.
UofL Health values your health and well-being. We have expanded our telehealth program, UofL Health – Telehealth, to improve patient access to over 675 of our providers, while maintaining social distancing, during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Our mission is to patient-centered care with compassion and excellence. We want to ensure everyone in all of our communities can address their health care needs conveniently and safely with peace of mind.
What is a telehealth appointment?
A UofL Health – Telehealth appointment will allow you to see your provider over the phone, tablet or computer using Zoom. This application is a lot like Skype, Facetime, Facebook Messaging; however, it is HIPAA compliant. It is free and can be easily downloaded.
Our telehealth appointment is like an in-person appointment with a provider. During the visit you’ll talk about your current health concerns and learn what to do.
- Your visit can take place from a location that is the most convenient for you.
- Your provider will use a video-based application to talk with you by phone, tablet or computer.
- Our telemedicine platforms are secure and HIPAA compliant.
- Your photo and voice will not be recorded or stored.
- Your privacy and rights will be respected and ensured.
How do I request a telehealth appointment?
You may request a telehealth appointment by:
- Calling our primary care hotline at 502-588-4343.
- Calling your UofL Health – UofL Physicians provider’s office directly.
What will happen when I call for a telehealth appointment?
While you are scheduling your appointment by phone, our scheduler will be able to provide you with instructions on how to download the application, verify your email address and confirm that you have a webcam or built-in camera for your desktop.
You will then receive an emailed appointment calendar invitation with a link with information about your appointment. When it is time for your appointment to begin, you’ll click on this link to be connected with a provider.
How to Start a UofL Health – Telehealth Appointment
STEP 1 – Your UofL Health provider’s office will send you an email with a link to the Zoom session for your appointment. We recommend downloading Zoom to your device in advance.
STEP 2 – Using the links below, begin the Zoom download.
STEP 3 – You do not need a Zoom account to join the appointment session. At the time of the appointment, click on the link from the email you received. Enter your full name in the box and click Join. You will be prompted to allow Zoom to use your device camera and audio. Allow this use.
STEP 4 – You will now enter the virtual Waiting Room, where our office staff and your provider will meet you for the appointment. The Waiting Room allows us to keep your telehealth appointment private and secure.
STEP 5 – You will now be able to see and hear the staff and provider. When the appointment is over, you can click Leave Meeting to end the session.
How do I get ready for my telehealth appointment?
- Prepare notes or have a list of topics you would like to discuss with your provider.
- Make sure your device is plugged in or fully charged.
- Find a quiet space for your appointment. Choose a location where you have privacy and are less likely to get interrupted.
- Find space that is well lit. Position yourself so that the main light source is in front, lighting up your face.
- Set your camera at eye level. This will make it easier for the provider to see and engage with you.
- Use headphones if you need privacy or are hearing impaired.
- Have your provider’s office phone number handy should you have technical issues or get disconnected during your visit.