The Department of Pharmacy at UofL Health is excited to offer a patient-care-focused PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency designed to develop expertise and clinical competence. Oncology pharmacy specialists at the Brown Cancer Center are integral members of the Stem Cell Transplant and Medical Oncology multi-disciplinary teams.
The Brown Cancer Center, a member of UofL Health, provides the highest level of clinical care in the state, access to the latest cancer research, and the resources, education and services Kentucky needs for the prevention and treatment of cancer.
The Oncology Pharmacy Residency is a 12-month program. There are 9 required core rotations and 3 elective rotations.
- Orientation (one month)
- Acute Care Hematology/Oncology I and II (two months)
- Inpatient Bone Marrow Transplant (two months)
- Ambulatory Care (two months)
- Ambulatory Care – Stem Cell Transplant/Hematologic Disorders (one
- Ambulatory Care Clinics – Breast (4 months), Gastrointestinal (3 months), Lung (3 months)
- Drug Information
- Teaching & Learning (optional if not previously completed)
- Clinical Infusion
- Oncology Community-Based Practice Clinic
- Gynecology Oncology Outpatient Clinic
- Infectious Diseases
- Oncology Informatics
- Palliative Care
- Pediatric Oncology
Application Deadline: early January
Starting Date: July 1
Application completed on PhORCAS - Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service. Application is required to include: a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, 3 references with letters of recommendation, an official transcript from ACPE Accredited College of Pharmacy, graduation from an ASHP Accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (or candidate status, pending accreditation) and pharmacist licensure/eligibility for licensure in the state of Kentucky.
- PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency Manual and Training Agreement Appendix 2023-2024
- PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Program Completion Requirements
Mika R. Kessans Knable, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist: Hematology/Oncology
Director, PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency Program
530 South Jackson Street
Louisville, KY 40202