Schedule An Appointment
Welcome to the University of Louisville GI Motility Clinic.
Thank you for choosing us to provide excellent patient care for your Gastroenterology Motility needs.
We are so glad that you have trusted us with your health, our team is ready to work with you as you take steps to improve your gastroenterology health.
We see patients in our clinic at 225 Abraham Flexner, Suite 502, in Louisville and virtually via MyChart or similar technology. To become a patient, we need as many records from other providers as possible so we can review your medical history.
We see patients for at least the 5 general types of problems:
- Swallowing and esophageal problems
- Gastroparesis and related stomach problems
- Abdominal pain and other difficult GI symptoms
- Constipation and diarrhea/fecal incontinence
- Nutritional support and IV infusions
We want you to get the most out of your time in our office and interacting with staff
In this packet you will find:
- Provider information
- Staff names and contact details
- General office information
- What to expect during initial and future appointments
- Information about your diagnosis
- MyChart is a tool we use within the organization to communicate and connect with patients. If you are not currently signed up it is strongly encouraged that you do. Access to MyChart allows more opportunity to connect with the office or providers without the hassle of calling and waiting on hold or leaving a voicemail. Through MyChart you can request medication refills, appointments, and ask questions to your care team.
- Initial visits to the office are with the MD. These visits include an assessment of current and past symptoms, medical history, and sometimes include follow-up lab work or testing. All information regarding follow up care will be given and discussed with you before you leave.
- FMLA Disability paperwork will not be filled out until you have received care in our office for 3 months.
- Follow up visits are typically with the NP or PA.
- If you are experiencing any issues or have any questions regarding your care, please reach out to the office.
Dr. Thomas Abell
Dr. Abigail Stocker
Dr. Benjamin Rogers
Carmelita Moppins NP
Lindsay McElmurray PA
Office staff and Contacts:
Christina – 502-588-8507
- Dr. Abell
- Permanent Stimulator scheduling/authorizations
Derrika – 502-588-7696
- Dr. Rogers and Carmelita
Jasmine – 502-588-0420
- Dr. Stocker and Lindsay
Nurse Line for general questions, concerns, or problems
Cheryl – 502-588-8504
Danessa – 502-588-7656
Surgery Scheduler/Temporary Stimulator scheduling only
JaCoreya – 502-588-7688
Front Desk/Appointment scheduling
Nicole – 502-588-7690
BaNae – 502-588-7690
Ashley Beams – 502-588-7693
Bridget Cannon – 502-540-1428