The UofL Health media relations staff is available during business hours and 24/7, as needed. Let us know your deadline and we will work quickly to respond to your questions and/or connect you with the right sources and experts. Please contact us for expert comments and thought leader perspectives for breaking medical, science and health care policy news.
For best results please call our Media Relations hotline number: 502-588-4444. You can also contact individual members of the team members below.
Director of Public Relations
For the Media
For patient confidentiality purposes, hospital policies require members of the media to be escorted by the Media Relations staff at all UofL Health facilities. Prior to any interview, photos or video at any UofL Health location, contact UofL Health Media Relations to make arrangements.
Patients and their families have the option of being listed in the patient directory at UofL Health facilities. A one-word condition report may be available if the patient is listed and you have the patient’s name.
To obtain a condition report for patients at UofL Hospital, please call 502-562-3000. For patients at other UofL Health facilities, call the main number for that facility.
UofL Health is following the American Hospital Association’s recommendations for one-word descriptions of a patient's general condition:
- Undetermined: Patient awaiting physician and assessment.
- Satisfactory: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable; indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill; indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may not be conscious; indicators are unfavorable.
- The term “stable” should be not used as a condition nor should it be used in combination with other conditions, which by definition, often indicates a patient is unstable
- If a patient is not listed in our patient directory, this could mean they have chosen not to be listed or are not at the UofL Health facility.
Media often conduct stand-ups and live broadcasts on UofL Health campuses. In the interest of patient confidentiality and traffic flow, the media relations staff can assist you with finding the best location for your story.
In general, no stand-ups or live broadcasts are permitted beyond the public sidewalk, without the permission of the media relations team.
In addition, near the UofL Hospital helipad, the raising of live truck masts is prohibited for the safety of incoming helicopters and the news crews.
Multimedia Use and A/V Capabilities
News media are permitted to download and publish/broadcast multimedia assets provided by UofL Health in the Media Room.
The media relations team at UofL Health also has access to studio to facilitate live or recorded interviews.
Referencing UofL Health
If you have additional questions about usage of the UofL Health name or the names of any of our facilities, please call our Media Relations team at, 502-588-4444.