UofL Health – UofL Hospital – Center for Women & Infants Beautiful Beginnings offers offers free pregnancy and child care classes to everyone.
Each class covers a wide variety of topics such as:
- Understanding normal body changes during pregnancy
- Signs of true labor
- Comfort techniques
- Medical procedures
- Vaginal delivery
- Cesarean delivery
- Kangaroo Care
- Postpartum care
- Infant nutrition and breastfeeding
- Infant care
We suggest registering for a class during the second trimester or after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Medical students and others wishing to attend for educational purposes are also welcome.
- A two-part virtual session via Zoom on Monday evenings (half of the information is shared in each session, so it's important to attend both days in order to gain the full benefits)
- A full Saturday morning in-person at UofL Hospital (located in the Glassroom next to the cafeteria)
Dates and Times
- February 6 and 13 | Virtual 6-8pm | Zoom
- March 11 | In-person 9am-1pm | UofL Hospital, Glassroom
- April 3 and 10 | Virtual 6-8pm | Zoom
- May 13 | In-person 9am-1pm | UofL Hospital, Glassroom
- June 5 and 12 | Virtual 6-8pm | Zoom
- July 15 | In-person 9am-1pm | UofL Hospital, Glassroom
- August 7 and 14 | Virtual 6-8pm | Zoom
- September 9 | In-person 9am-1pm | UofL Hospital, Glassroom
- October 9 and 16 | Virtual 6-8pm | Zoom
- November 11 | In-person 9am-1pm | UofL Hospital, Glassroom
- December 4 and 11 | Virtual 6-8pm | Zoom
The Center for Women & Infants provides a prenatal class packet to those register ahead of time. For virtual sessions, a packet will be mailed to the address provided during registration.
Please register for the desired date by filling out the form below. If you have additional questions, please email Jaki Sorrell at Jaki.Patterson@UofLHealth.org.
Pelvic floor exercise classes for new moms and moms-to-be are also available through UofL Health - Frazier Rehabilitation Institute's Women's Health and Pelvic Floor Rehab Program.