UofL Health and its medical group UofL Physicians are part of a fully integrated regional academic health system. The organization has gained attention for its affiliation with the renowned University of Louisville School of Medicine and has achieved several clinical “firsts” — breakthroughs that have helped improve the quality of health and life of the many patients we serve. These include:
- The nation’s first hand transplant
- Kentucky’s first adult heart transplant
- Kentucky’s first pancreas transplant
- Kentucky’s first adult liver transplant
- Kentucky’s first double-lung transplant
- Kentucky’s first dual heart/lung transplant
- Creation of the first pediatric bone marrow transplant program in Kentucky
- UofL Physicians has the most providers recognized by Louisville Magazine’s “Top Docs”
When you join UofL Health, you become part of the largest, multispecialty physician practice in the Louisville area. Patient-centered care cannot be accomplished without top-notch team members at every level of the organization. As part of an academic medical center, we offer our patients state-of-the-art facilities, groundbreaking research and pioneering treatments, as well as access to more than 700 specialty and primary care providers.
The UofL Health system consists of five hospitals, four medical centers, nearly 250 physician practice locations, the Frazier Rehabilitation Institute and Brown Cancer Center. With more than 12,000 team members – physicians, surgeons, nurses, pharmacists and other highly skilled health care professionals, UofL Health focuses on one mission – one purpose – delivering respectful, patient-centered care to each and every patient each and every day. We do this while striving for excellence in the areas of accountability, integrity, compassion, quality and teamwork.
Communities We Serve
Expertise for the simplest to more complex medical issues
With our vast network of community and academic physicians, we are in communities throughout Kentucky bringing the expertise, care and compassion that is at the core of our mission to every patient we serve. As a leading academic health system, we’ve attracted specialists from every discipline—seasoned caregivers who have experience with a broad range of complex medical and surgical issues. This means that we treat the simplest medical issues with the same level of care and expertise as we do the more complex issues. Not only do we bring our knowledge to our patients, but we collaborate with professionals throughout the country and in some cases, the world, ensuring that you have the right treatment options for whatever health issue our patients may be facing.
Our Hospitals and Medical Centers
With five hospitals, four medical centers, 250 physician practices, the Frazier Rehabilitation Institute and UofL Health - Brown Cancer Center, UofL Health – UofL Physicians are in each community within the Louisville Metro and surrounding areas.
Learn more about each of our hospitals:
- UofL Hospital (downtown Louisville)
- Jewish Hospital (downtown Louisville)
- Mary & Elizabeth Hospital (Beechmont neighborhood/West Louisville)
- Peace Hospital (Deer Park/Poplar Level)
- Shelbyville Hospital (Shelbyville, Ky.)
- Medical Center East (St. Matthews/East Louisville)
- Medical Center Northeast (Northeast Louisville)
- Medical Center South (Shepherdsville, Ky.)
- Medical Center Southwest (Valley Station/Southwest Louisville)
- Frazier Rehabilitation Institute (downtown Louisville and 20+ outpatient facilities)
- UofL Health - Brown Cancer Center (downtown Louisville and Medical Center Northeast)