Setting the Standard in Outpatient Care for Two Decades
UofL Health – Medical Center East opened in 2003 and for nearly 20 years has provided patients an outpatient care experience defined by patient comfort/privacy, personal service and leading-edge technology. Home of the Center for Excellence in Women’s Care, the facility has earned distinction as being the first in Louisville to receive accreditation from the American College of Radiology (ACR) for breast MRI, as well as Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) designation.
The medical center offers a full range of services, including 24/7 emergency care, chest pain observation services, breast MRI, 3D digital mammography, laser eye surgery, diagnostic and medical imaging, outpatient surgery, orthopedic care, gastroenterology care, urology care, primary and specialty care, rehab services, laboratory and infusion services.
What makes Medical Center East unique?
- Designed to maximize patient privacy, convenience and comfort (form-following-function design, front-of-the-house/back-of-the-house services)
- First freestanding 24/7 ER in Kentucky – 20 private patient treatment rooms
- 40 surgical patient suites, nine operating rooms and four endoscopy suites
- Ability to care for surgical patients for 23 hours post-procedure
- Home to 20+ primary care and specialty physician offices
- Award-winning showcase facility for Kentucky glass art
Laser Eye Center opens at UofL Health - Medical Center East
UofL Health – Medical Center East is bringing together the combined expertise of dozens of the region's most experienced ophthalmologists, laser-enhanced accuracy and convenience in its new Laser Eye Center.