We are excited to partner with high school juniors, seniors and college students to provide a behind-the-scenes look at the daily responsibilities of UofL Health professionals. We hope you gain valuable insight about professions that interest you and other jobs of those who interact with the person you are job shadowing.
- The job shadowing program is geared toward high school juniors, seniors and college students.
- Shadowing times vary by area but are generally from 8 a.m. to noon (Monday-Friday)
- Please download the Job Shadow Handbook, and complete the required documentation (acceptable document format is PDF, DOC, DOCX, PNG, JPG, JPEG)
- Confidentiality agreement (Note: For students under 18, a parent or legal guardian must also sign)
- Provide proof of the following (acceptable document format is PDF, DOC, DOCX, PNG, JPG, JPEG):
- Negative tuberculin (TB) skin or blood test within 12 months of scheduled shadow date
- Flu vaccination (for observations from October to March)
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Complete the job shadow application (must have all completed paperwork to complete application)
- Tips for the day of your Job Shadow:
- Please arrive early to allow enough time for traffic, parking and to find your shadow location
- Attire: The dress code during observations is business casual or school-provided scrubs. Open-toed shoes are prohibited. Hospital scrubs will be provided during surgery observations.
- Have the contact information for your job shadow location / employee handy in case you need to get in touch with them directly
For more information, email JobShadowing@uoflhealth.org.