We are excited to partner with high school juniors, seniors and college students to provide a behind-the-scenes look at the daily responsibilities of UofL Health professionals. We hope you gain valuable insight about professions that interest you and other jobs of those who interact with the person you are job shadowing.
- The job shadowing program is geared toward high school juniors, seniors and college students.
- Shadowing times vary by area but are generally from 8 a.m. to noon.
To get started, complete the online application.
After you've completed the application, we will reach out to you to:
- Sign the non-employee handbook acknowledgment page
- Sign a confidentiality agreement (Note: For students under 18, a parent or legal guardian must also sign)
- Show proof of negative tuberculin (TB) skin test within 12 months of scheduled shadow date
- Show proof of flu vaccination (for observations from October to March)
- Provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination
Please note: The dress code during observations is business casual or school-provided scrubs. Open-toed shoes are prohibited. Hospital scrubs will be provided during surgery observations.