Many of the hospital’s clinical programs have achieved national rankings for excellence. Noted for numerous medical firsts in Kentucky, the nation and the world, UofL Health - Jewish Hospital is the site of the nation's first four-hand transplants, and the world's first and second successful AbioCor™ Implantable Replacement Heart transplant. The hospital is federally designated to perform all five solid organ transplants - heart, lung, liver, kidney, living donor kidney and pancreas.
Services located on the UofL Health - Jewish Hospital Medical Campus include but are not limited to:
- Heart and Lung Institute, located in the Rudd Heart & Lung Center, offers the most complete range of cardiovascular and pulmonary services available anywhere in the region. The Institute is also home to multiple clinical trials, bringing the latest medical advancements and research to the bedside.
- Hand and Microsurgery, providing comprehensive hand and upper extremity care and 24-hour emergency trauma teams headed by physicians with the world-renowned Kleinert Kutz Hand Care Center.
- Trager Transplant Center, a joint program with the University of Louisville School of Medicine, performs five solid organ transplants - heart, lung, liver, kidney, living donor kidney and pancreas.
- The Neuroscience Institute, a certified Stroke Center, treats injuries and diseases affecting the brain, spine and nervous system.
- Orthopedics, provide a wide range of orthopedic surgeries, including minimally-invasive options.
- A comprehensive array of minimally-invasive surgical options, including the daVinci robotic surgery system. These and other outpatient surgical options are located in the Outpatient Care Center.
- A full array of outpatient care services including surgery and diagnostics. This includes a full array of imaging services including but not limited to PET CT, Open MRI and mammography.