LOUISVILLE, Ky. – UofL Health – Mary & Elizabeth Hospital has opened the doors of its full-service community pharmacy to provide medication and pharmacy needs in South Louisville. The pharmacy opening in this medically underserved area is not only necessary, but critical given the closures of nearby pharmacies in recent years.
“We are so excited to bring this service back to our community in need,” said Melisa Adkins, CEO, Mary & Elizabeth Hospital. “Not only does this pharmacy increase access to prescriptions, but it ensures Mary & Elizabeth’s promise to provide the highest quality of care here in South Louisville.”
“This addition of the pharmacy here at Mary & Elizabeth Hospital creates a one-stop-shop experience for health care and prescription needs,” said Bob Fink, UofL Health System Vice President, Pharmacy Services. “For current patients, our pharmacists have easy access to your medical records and strong relationships with medical staff under the same roof, helping to provide a greater continuity of care. The full-service pharmacy, though, is offered to our surrounding community, ultimately filling the void left by the chain stores that have recently closed.”
The full-service community pharmacy is equipped to provide a comprehensive range of services including:
- Retail Pharmacy: Fill maintenance- or acute-need prescriptions on-site
- Specialty Pharmacy: The sole local provider for specialty medications
- Immunizations: Providers on-site to provide vaccinations during all hours
- Infusion Services: Deliver high-quality infusion on an outpatient basis
- Tobacco Cessation: Sessions for those who want to quit smoking offered for free
- Board of Pharmacy Approved Protocol: Diabetes testing supplies, tobacco cessation, opioid use disorders, opioid overdose antidote Naloxone and acute antiviral therapy
- Curbside Rx: Prescriptions delivered to your car
This represents Mary & Elizabeth Hospital’s ongoing commitment to add specialty services that benefit our South Louisville neighbors, including but not limited to the Medical Detox Unit, the Center for Women’s Health and an expansion to Family Medicine practices.
Visit UofLHealth.org/pharmacy for more information.
Additional media coverage:
- Full-service pharmacy opens at Mary & Elizabeth Hospital in south Louisville (WDRB)
- Mary & Elizabeth Hospital Community Pharmacy reopens amid closures in the area (WLKY)
- UofL Health opens community pharmacy (WAVE)
- UofL Health opens full-service pharmacy in underserved area (Becker’s Hospital Review)