Mammogram screening for breast cancer
Schedule a mammogram at UofL Health by calling 502-681-1405. Mammograms are available at the following UofL Health facilities:
- UofL Health - Brown Cancer Center
- UofL Health - Medical Center East
- UofL Health - Medical Center South
- UofL Health - Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
- UofL Health - Shelbyville Hospital
- According to the American Cancer Society, women should talk with their doctor to determine their risk for breast cancer. Women should also know how their breasts normally feel and report any changes to their doctor.
- For women younger than 40 with risk factors, talk to your physician to determine when mammogram screening should begin.
- Women between ages 40-44 with an average risk have the option to start screening with a mammogram every year.
- Women ages 45-54 should get mammograms every year.
- Women 55 and older can switch to getting mammograms every two years or may continue with annual mammograms. Screening should continue as long as a woman is in good health and is expected to live at least 10 more years.