Pharmacy residents come from around the country and have varying research and career interests. Many come to UofL Hospital to complete their residency at an academic medical center, which serves as an optimal environment for teaching-learning. Within the pharmacy department, qualified and dedicated pharmacy preceptors are committed to training the next generation of pharmacy leaders. Beyond participating in the day-to-day clinical and operational pharmacy functions at UofL Hospital, our residents participate in a number of additional professional and social activities.
Why train at UofL Hospital?
- Our Pharmacy Residency Program features preceptors with board certification and additional post-graduate certification in various fields of pharmacy practice.
- Members of the pharmacy staff are involved and hold leadership positions in local, state and national professional pharmacy organizations.
- The Pharmacy Department is committed to patient and community education, providing medication reconciliation and medication management education opportunities.
- Pharmacists provide comprehensive services to achieve optimal drug therapy outcomes for all patients, families and providers through decentralized clinical pharmacy services in all critical care and general medicine areas including:
o Bone Marrow Transplant
o Emergency Department
o Internal Medicine
o Neonatal Intensive Care
o Operating/Recovery Room
Our pharmacists are in several ambulatory clinics, including primary care clinics - anti-coagulation, diabetes medication therapy management (MTM) - and specialty clinics - cystic fibrosis, gastroenterology, hepatitis C and multiple sclerosis.
Advanced pharmacy practice student rotations include:
- Ambulatory Care
- Critical Care – Medical ICU
- Critical Care – Neurosurgical ICU
- Critical Care – Surgical ICU
- Emergency Department
- Infectious Diseases
- Integrated Pharmacy Practice
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Safety
- Neonatal ICU
- Oncology Outpatient
- Pharmacy Administration
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Specialty Pharmacy
Check out our Pharmacy Residency Manual for detailed information on our residencies.
Join our Facebook group
Learn more about our pharmacy residency programs, residents, and preceptors.
Pharmacy residencies opportunities
We have several options available for pharmacy residencies including: