UofL Health – Peace Hospital’s Geriatric Inpatient Program provides short-term inpatient psychiatric treatment for senior adults, age 55 and older. Our secure 20-bed unit is specifically designed for the unique needs of older adults.
We provide treatment for a range of mental health and substance use disorders, including depression, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar and agitation associated with dementia.
Our comprehensive treatment program includes:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- 24-hour nursing care
- Medication evaluation and management
- Medically supervised drug and alcohol detoxification
- Individualized treatment plans
- Individual and group therapy
- Recreational, expressive and educational therapy
- Patient and family education
- Occupational, speech and physical therapy as needed
- Pastoral counseling
During an individual’s stay, our treatment team will focus on crisis stabilization and supporting the patient’s return to their home community or to a less restrictive level of care.
Our interdisciplinary team includes:
- Board-certified psychiatrists
- Nurse practitioners
- Registered nurses
- Master’s level therapists
- Mental health technicians
- Activity therapists
- Occupational, speech and physical therapists
Telehealth and 24/7 mobile assessments are available.
Louisville Area | 502-451-3333
Central/Eastern Kentucky Area | 859-313-3515