Louisville's Leading Lung Care Doctors
Thousands of people each year suffer from ailments associated with the lungs. In Kentucky, lung problems are particularly prevalent because of the state’s high number of smokers, high rate of allergy sufferers and occupational lung diseases. Look no further for your experts in lung health than UofL Physicians – Pulmonology Associates. We’ll help you to breathe easy again.
Our pulmonologists, also known as chest medicine specialists or respiratory medicine doctors, are nationally respected for their expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of critical care conditions, pulmonary diseases and sleep disorders.
UofL Physicians – Pulmonology Associates offers Kentucky’s most comprehensive care for all lung conditions. Our pulmonologists have the expertise and resources to diagnose and treat the most difficult cases, including pneumonia, asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or emphysema, chronic cough, lung cancer (one of Kentucky’s chief killers), interstitial lung diseases, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, occupational lung disease and pulmonary infections including tuberculosis. We also diagnose and treat sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, insomnia, restless leg syndrome and narcolepsy. UofL Physicians – Pulmonology Associates can serve as consultants to primary care and other physicians or provide long-term care to patients with these chronic conditions.
We have the region’s only fellowship-trained interventional pulmonologist.
Our mission is to deliver outstanding state-of-the-art medical care to our patients with the goal of improving quality of life, as well as preserving and restoring respiratory and sleep health.
Diseases and conditions
Lung health problems we care for are:
- COPD or emphysema
- Interstitial lung diseases, known as pulmonary fibrosis or sarcoidosis
- Patients who have had a complaint of cough for three weeks or more, a so-called chronic cough
- Lung nodules, or spots on the lung, which could indicate lung cancer or other problems
- Lung cancer
- Respiratory impairment work-ups when people complain of shortness of breath without an explanation
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung transplantation
- Interventional pulmonary procedures include airway stents, laser treatment, navigational bronchoscopy, EBUS, transtracheal oxygen, etc.
Some of the most common symptoms of lung problems include:
- Shortness of breath or dyspnea
- Chest tightness
- Chest wall pain or pleurisy