We have recently launched several initiatives to better serve patients across the region:
- Opened an outreach clinic in Henderson, Kentucky to serve the Greater Evansville and Henderson communities. This is in addition to our outreach clinics in Bowling Green and Crestview Hills in Northern Kentucky.
- Launched a Cirrhosis referral program to serve patients who are not yet able to meet criteria for liver transplantation.
- Performed Kentucky’s first lung transplant using Ex Vivo Lung Perfusion (EVLP). EVLP is leading-edge technology that allows for an expansion of the lung donor pool that results in more patients receiving a life-saving transplant.
- Launched a new protocol to offer liver transplantation for patients with cholangiocarcinoma. UofL Health – Trager Transplant Center is one of only two transplant centers in the region to offer this option for patients with this type of cancer.
- Launched protocols for the use of Hepatitis C positive donor organs to Hepatitis C negative liver recipients and kidney recipients.
- Merger of the UofL Health – Jewish Hospital and UofL Hepatitis Clinics into one clinic located at the UofL Health – Ambulatory Care Building
- Implementation of Telehealth Medicine in pre- and post-transplant medical, psychosocial and dietary management.
- Collaboration with National Kidney Foundation, Kentucky chapter in providing living donor education for potential kidney transplant recipients via the Big Ask, Big Give Program (locally and in Bowling Green, KY).
We are committed to providing the highest level of transplant care and services to patients and their families in Kentucky and our region. Thank you for the trust you place in our program.
Whether you are looking for a program to deal with a specific disease, or awaiting a transplant, UofL Health – Trager Transplant Center has a caring team designed to walk you through the process, every step of the way.