Community Fitness & Wellness (CFW) at UofL Health - Frazier Rehab Institute is a fully accessible gym with state-of-the-art equipment and professionally trained staff, offering specialized, activity-based exercise interventions to individuals with physical impairments.
CFW is now located on the ground floor of 250 E. Liberty Street, Medical Plaza II, in downtown Louisville.
- Complete the Application, including the medical release form
- Complete a gym tour and review the available intervention options
- Begin independent use of the gym and schedule your training session
- Basic gym membership for self-directed exercise
- Guided exercise with an exercise physiologist
- Upper-extremity and lower-extremity Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) cycling
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) with activity
Possible financial assistance
- Financial assistance (scholarships) may be available for income-eligible members. CFW is now accepting scholarship applications for July-Sept. 2022. Please complete/submit this application form with your membership application by the June 17 deadline.
- Worker’s Compensation may support your CFW membership package.
- HUR Easy Access Circuit Training System with 8 wheelchair accessible machines and smart card operating system allowing each user a personalized workout and the ability to track progress.
- 2 cable-cross strength training machines
- Power Plate Pro 6
- Dumbbells, kettlebells, ankle and wrist weights and medicine balls
- Adjustable weight bench
- Vitaglide Pro
- SCI Fit, hand cycling machine
- 2 Nustep recumbent steppers with bilateral leg stabilizers
Electrical Stimulation Systems
- RTI Xcite System for Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- 2 RTI RT300 upper and lower extremity functional electrical (FES) cycles
- Parallel bars
- High/low mats
- Gripping aids – gloves and cuffs
- Physio balls, BOSU trainer and balance disc
- Various balls, wedges and props.