As part of the only adult Burn Center in the state of Kentucky, UofL Health – UofL Hospital offers an outpatient burn clinic where we care for patients with chemical, electrical, flame/thermal and scald burns or complex wounds or skin conditions.
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care encompasses an all-inclusive treatment plan to address the physical and mental needs of our patients. Our goal is to care for the whole patient and assist patients and families towards recovery and getting back to their life.
Our team of experts includes:
- Burn surgeons
- Nurse practitioners
- Physical and occupational therapists – three of which are certified to measure for compression garments
- Licensed clinical social workers
- The only certified wound specialist in Kentucky that focuses on burns
Our burn clinic proudly offers:
- Up-to-date, evidence-based treatment options
- Long-term burn care
- Scar management devices
- Our clinic is affiliated with UofL Hospital outpatient rehabilitation services which include Travis, our facility dog, who is on staff to aid in the treatment and rehabilitation of our patients
A referral in the form of a progress note, order or prescription is needed to refer a patient. Please be sure to include:
- Patient name
- Date of birth
- Contact information
Please fax to 502-562-4030.
Outpatient Burn Clinic
UofL Health – Chestnut Street Outpatient Center
401 E. Chestnut Street, Suite 270
Louisville, KY 40202
To learn more about the outpatient burn clinic, call 502-562-3457.
To Transfer a Patient
To transfer a patient, contact the UofL Hospital Access Center:
In Louisville: 502-562-8008
Outside Louisville: 888-803-8008