If you are looking for a unique opportunity to serve others, make new friends and learn new skills, consider volunteering for UofL Health. We depend a great deal on our volunteers and their gifts of time and talent. As we grow and change, volunteers are needed to meet our changing environment.
Volunteers are important members of the UofL Health team and are treated as such. They make an impact on the comfort, care, and compassion experienced by our patients and guests. We value their time and aim to show our appreciation by offering the following to all our volunteers:
- Experience – Volunteers interact with patients and staff daily, providing them with excellent service while also exposing them to the many careers and opportunities in a healthcare organization
- Education – Volunteers receive a thorough orientation and training as well as ongoing educational opportunities
- Recognition – We recognize the special talents and contributions of our volunteers through annual recognition, an awards program, and more
- Network and References – Letters of recommendation are frequently written for students and adults seeking employment and educational opportunities
If you are at least 18 years of age, fully COVID vaccinated and are willing to give three to four hours a week, we have a position for you! We ask all of our new volunteers to give a minimum of 40 hours of service to our organization. We allow flexible scheduling for most of our volunteers, so you can plan your service around your lifestyle.
We have volunteer opportunities at many of our locations including:
- Brown Cancer Center
- Frazier Rehabilitation Institute (downtown location)
- Jewish Hospital
- Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
- Medical Center South
- Medical Center Southwest
- Peace Hospital
- Shelbyville Hospital
- UofL Hospital
To get started, fill out our online application, and then call to schedule a placement interview at the location you are most interested in.
Please note: all volunteers must be fully COVID vaccinated.