With a commitment to supporting research and education, UofL Health is acclaimed for developing new technology and training physicians from around the world on innovative techniques.
Home to over 40 medical heart firsts, UofL Health has also celebrated over 1,000 transcatheter aortic valve replacements (TAVR).
- World's first AbioCor total artificial heart transplant
- World's first successful heart transplant following the use of a VAD
- World's first trial of cardiac stem cells in chronic heart failure
- Nation's first female patient implanted with the C-Pulse Heart Assist System
- Kentucky's first open-heart surgery
- Kentucky's first heart transplant
- Kentucky's first implementation of the HeartMate II ventricular assist device
- Kentucky's first transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- Kentucky's first and only dual organ heart-liver transplant
As we lead the charge in academic research, UofL Health is recognized around the globe as a premier destination for heart care. With a shared passion for discovering, learning, teaching, perfecting and providing the latest advances in technology, our patient success stories inspire us every day. Here, your heart is in the right place.