When time is critical, we are ready with state-of-the-art care.
- Regional Leader in Advanced Heart Failure Therapies
- Regional Leader in VAD and TAVR
- Cardiovascular ICU (CVICU) with Critical Care Provided by Dedicated 24-Hour Intensivists
- Leading Regional Heart Transplant Hospital
- Leading Area in Cardiac Diagnostics with Minimally Invasive Imaging for Coronary Artery Disease
24-Hour STEMI coverage
STEMI is an acronym meaning "ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction," which is a type of severe heart attack. While all heart attacks are serious, those considered a STEMI require the quickest treatment. STEMI heart attacks cause a rapid loss of heart muscle that cannot be regenerated. In these situations, time is muscle.
Thanks to a strong partnership with regional EMS providers, our emergency departments at UofL Health - Heart Hospital at Jewish Hospital, Mary & Elizabeth Hospital and University Hospital can receive vital data to make a diagnosis even before a heart attack patient arrives. We activate our cardiac cath team immediately, allowing us to provide lifesaving care faster than ever before.