If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately or go to your nearest emergency room.
The Emergency Department at UofL Health - Shelbyville Hospital provides high-quality emergency care, with some of the lowest wait times in the area.
Our dedicated team of board-certified emergency medicine doctors, advanced practice clinicians, certified nurses and support staff are ready day and night to treat any sudden illnesses or injuries. We offer advanced diagnostic imaging on-site, plus the latest stroke and heart care equipment for rapid intervention. With assistance from a specialized robot, our doctors can connect in minutes with stroke experts at UofL Hospital for quick diagnosis and advanced care.
If needed, we offer access to a full range of specialty care including cardiology, pulmonology, surgery, radiology and more. So no matter your emergency or urgent needs, you can rest easy knowing skilled care is nearby.
Around-the-Clock Emergency Services
- A vital resource for the Shelby, Henry and Spencer counties
- 24/7 coverage by board-certified emergency medicine providers
- Registered nurses with specialized training and certifications, including CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and CPR
- All-private treatment rooms to maximize your comfort
- On-call specialists and surgeons to meet your needs
- Onsite lab and imaging services, including state-of-the-art MRI, CT, PET/CT, nuclear cardiology, ultrasound and more for fast diagnosis
- 24/7 mental health crisis counseling from Peace Hospital
- Stabilization of critical care injuries and transfer to nearby trauma centers
- Bedside electrocardiogram (EKG) for up-to-the-minute heart monitoring
For more information about emergency care at UofL Health – Shelbyville Hospital, call 502-647-4000.