Do you have any of the following conditions?
- Slow-to-heal or non-healing wounds
- Foot or leg ulcers or wounds
- Surgical wounds that have opened
- Non-healing skin grafts or surgical flaps
- Internal injuries or open wounds from radiation therapy
- Bone infection (called osteomyelitis)
- Acute traumatic and crush injuries
Get Back Your Quality of Life and Live Life to Its Fullest
Our team of wound care specialists work with you and your physician to help you heal.
If you or a loved one has a wound or sore that has not healed in 30 days, you may have what is referred to as a “chronic, non-healing” wound.
Chronic, non-healing wounds can have serious health consequences and may adversely affect your quality of life.
At the Wound Care Center at UofL Health – Shelbyville Hospital, healing wounds is our specialty.
Our treatment plans are designed to complement the care your own physician provides, ensuring that your health care team is always working together to provide the treatment that’s right for you.
Most treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs and other private insurance plans and may include:
- Specialized wound dressings
- Off-loading (taking pressure off the wound)
- Sharp debridement (removal of dead tissue)
- Compression therapy
We have a proven track record of healing wounds – even those wounds that have not responded to other therapies often see significant improvement.
Call 502-647-4050 today to find out how we can help you start healing.